- Draw 1/2 a heart on a piece of paper bag. Fold it over and trace it on the other side creating a symmetrical heart. Cut it out. This is your heart pattern.
- Cut 11 hearts from red felt and 11 hearts from a matching printed cotton.
- Top stitch the felt and cotton together, wrong sides facing each other.
- Using zig-zag scissors trim both layers around the edge of the heart. Do not cut your stitch.
- Thread an embroidery needle with red embroidery floss and hand stitch the hearts together, alternating fabrics (see above photo).
- Space the hearts the way you like and trim the embroidery floss to your desired length.