We have had the most amazing teachers this year and I wanted to thank them with a handmade gift, my favorite kind, at the end of the school year.
Supplies: vinyl disc beads in an assortment of colors, thin gold chain link (small enough to fit through the holes in the beads), 2 gold jump rings (small enough to fit through the chain link), 1 gold clasp, 2 pairs of needle nose pliers, and 1 pair of wire cutters.
1. String as many vinyl beads as you want onto the gold chain. You may choose 8 inches of beads or just two, it's totally up to you.
2. Standing in front a mirror, decide the length of the chain you'd like.
3. Cut the chain with the wire cutters.
4. Open one of the jump rings using the pliers and attach to the end of the chain. To open the jump ring, twist open, do not pull apart or it may break.
5. Open the second jump ring and attach to the other end of the chain and include the clasp to that end as well before closing up the ring.
For packaging... I decorated some kraft boxes with my kid's paint set.